Friday 28 November 2014

Research analysis



                                    500 Words Research Analysis:



To start my research process I looked at the different types of magazines that were available to buy such as music magazines. I set up a survey on survey monkey and asked ten questions about what type of magazines people prefer and how much they were willing to pay for it. I did this because in order to create my own magazine I need to know what attracts people to buy the magazine. I also needed to find out how much people were willing to pay for the magazine. I then sent my survey link to all of the other media students and asked them to fill it in for me. While I waited for the results from my survey I looked at different examples of magazine covers and did textual analysis on different kinds of magazines. I analysed magazine covers that were not as popular as the famous fashion magazine as I wanted to do a different kind of fashion magazine. I wanted to do a different kind of fashion magazine because I knew that many other people would do a basic fashion magazine. I also wanted to use two very different ideas so that I could use different fonts and different colour schemes.  I also looked at what kind of prices different magazines were sold for, this would tell me the socio economic group that bought which makes of magazines. For example ELLE magazines is group A,B and C1.I also looked at the font that is used for the masthead and the cover lines, in order to know what font is appropriate for my magazine and what suits the type of magazine that I have chosen to make. I found out that most magazines use bold fonts for their mastheads and cover lines where as simpler ones used curly writing for their cover lines but bold fonts were always used for the mastheads. So I knew that I would Have to use a bold font for both of my magazines and that I could experiment with my cover lines depending on my two types of magazines. I also looked at the type of clothing the cover image model was wearing such as ELLE magazine the model would be wearing the latest fashion and something that is expensive to buy unless you are in it’s target audience (A,B and C1).  When I got my results back from my survey I looked at all of the separate responses and got rid of responses that were inappropriate or results from people that do not read magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment