Friday 28 November 2014

Survey analysis


Results from my survey:
I sent out a survey about magazines to every AS level Media Student so that I could determine what type of magazine I should create for my coursework. I created a survey asking a range of questions about magazines on SurveyMonkey. I got 18 responses on my survey overall. 


The first question I asked was their gender, I asked this question first so that I could easily see what gender prefers which magazine. Out of the 18 people that responded 8 were male. I can look at these 8 male answers to easily find out certain target audiences for whatever magazine I decide to do.

My second question was their age range so that the answers can go with how much they are prepared                                            to spend on a magazine, and whether they have enough disposable income to buy a certain magazine. 16 of my responses were from people 17 and under, one response was 21-29 and the other 50-59.

My next question was what type of magazine they usually bought. 6 people answered that they did not buy magazines so I will not include them in the rest of my results. 4 responses of the 12 were saying that their favourite type of magazine that they buy is fashion. One response was sports. 3 responses were music. 2 people were preferring film magazines. One person answered lifestyle and art and the last response was car magazines.

My next question was how many magazines they buy in a month. 4 of the 12 all bought these magazines once a month. 6 people bought magazines twice a month. 2 people buy 4 or 5 a month. 

Nine people are willing to pay £4-£6, three of these people buy multiple magazines which could show that they are in a higher socially economic such as c1 one and up. No one went lower than paying £1, this shows that the younger people such as the 17 and under's have a higher disposable income than older people. 3 people pay £1- £3 for their magazines and all three people buy multiple magazines a month. 

7 people are attracted into buying a magazine because of the main image that is shown. This shows that people may recognise the person on the cover or they may like what is shown on the main image and be interested in finding out about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment